Le site ISRAEL21c énumère près de 200 importantes innovations et découvertes réalisées en Israël, notamment dans les domaines de la médecine, de l'écologie, de la technologie et de la lutte contre le terrorisme. Cette liste n'est pas exhaustive ... et ne cesse de s'allonger à un rythme accéléré.
Contrairement à ce que les campagnes de boycott veulent nous faire croire, Israël produit autre chose que des fruit et des légumes. Nous reproduisons quelques-unes de ces réalisations ci-dessous. Chacune plaide contre le boycott et le rend indéfendable. De toute façon, on ne boycotte pas une démocratie.
Did you Know ... ? Le saviez-vous ... ?
Israël, malgré sa petite taille (100ème pays au monde) et le fait qu'il compte moins de 1/1000ème de la population mondiale, peut revendiquer ceci: ("Israel, the 100th smallest country, with less than 1/1000th of the world's population, can make claim to the following:")
* A portable electrocardiograph machine developed by Israeli company SHL can transmit highly detailed data on heart activity to physicians by mobile phone.
* Israeli startup Audiodent has developed an innovative hearing aid that clips easily inside the mouth, using the teeth and jawbone to transmit sound to the brain.
* Israeli researchers are developing the second generation of drugs to treat diseases like Alzheimer's and Parkinson's Disease.
* The new American state-of-the-art F-35 Joint Strike Fighter aircraft will be equipped with Israeli-developed mounted display systems in their helmets which incorporate and display all vital flight data.
* A group of American airport directors came to Israel to learn about security methods employed at Ben-Gurion Airport.
* Israeli company Ultrashape has developed a safe replacement for liposuction - a unique new body-contouring device that "blasts" unwanted fat from the body.
* Israeli researchers have discovered the molecular trigger that causes psoriasis.
* A 100-member Israeli delegation flew to Kenya to rescue survivors of a building collapse.
* Israeli research has shown that dancers display consistent differences from the general population in two key genes.
* An Israeli-initiated project is drastically lowering the mortality rate of Ethiopian children infected with the AIDS/HIV virus.
* Israeli infectious disease experts have been recruited by the World Health Organization to help prevent the spread of avian flu.
* Israeli scientists have found that a drug once used to treat vertigo can now help people lose weight.
* Israel has one of the world's only playgrounds totally suitable for special needs children.
* An Israeli discovery of a gene that could cure a blinding eye disease has been licensed by pharmaceutical giant Pfizer.
* A team of Israeli airport security experts is advising the Los Angeles International Airport on ways to improve passenger safety.
* An Israeli computer program has been clinically proven to accurately provide a prognosis of how effective chemotherapy will be for breast cancer patients.
* Israeli medical teams are training Ethiopian doctors to fight AIDS.
* An Israeli study has shown that people who suffer from job burnout may be prone to developing type 2 diabetes.
* An Israeli scientific team from the Technion has succeeded in creating in the laboratory beating heart tissue from human embryonic stem cells.
* Israeli mini-unmanned aerial vehicles are being used by US forces in Iraq and Afghanistan.
* The success of GlaxoSmithKline's once-a-day breast cancer pill Tykerb - which has won approval by the FDA for use by women with metastatic or advanced breast cancer - is thanks in part to clinical trials conducted by Israeli researchers.
* An Israeli innovation could make many diagnostic catheterizations for clogged arteries unnecessary.
* An Israeli company has developed the world's first video ringtones for cell phones - the Vringo.
* NASA is interested in knowing what Israeli researchers can learn about conditions on Mars by studying the Negev desert.
* A team of Israeli genetic researchers has identified a genetic defect that causes a severe neurodegenerative disease in Bedouin children resulting in premature death.
* A team from the Weizmann Institute has demonstrated for the first time how tissues transplanted from pig embryos might, in the future, be able to induce the human body to produce blood-clotting proteins for hemophilia patients.
* Israeli researchers have discovered a new way to create effective substitutes for antibiotics based on a combination of amino acids and fatty acids.
* An Israeli company has developed a device that helps nurses locate those hard-to-find veins.
* An Israeli system to help dyslexic readers is being used throughout the US and Europe.
* Voice over internet protocol (VoIP) technology was pioneered in Israel.
* An Israeli FDA-approved device - the VelaSmooth - reduces the appearance of cellulite.
* Intel's new multi-core processor was completely developed at its facilities in Israel.
* An Israeli doctor headed the Merck team that developed a vaccine against cervical cancer.
* Prof. Robert Aumann is the fourth Israeli in the last four years to win a Nobel prize.
* AirTrain JFK - the 8.1-mile light rail labrynthe that connects JFK Airport to New York City's mass transit - is protected by the Israeli-developed Nextiva surveillance system.
* Bill Gates called Israel a major player in the high tech world.
* Israeli company Ultrashape has developed a safe replacement for liposuction - a unique new body-contouring device that "blasts" unwanted fat from the body. Israeli researchers have discovered the molecular trigger that causes psoriasis.
* A 100-member Israeli delegation flew to Kenya in January, 2006 to rescue survivors of a building collapse.
* An Israeli company has unveiled a blood test that via the telephone diagnoses heart attacks.
* The Israeli-developed Ex-Press shunt is providing relief for American glaucoma sufferers.
* Israel has designed the first flight system to protect passenger and freighter aircraft against missile attack.
* Jewish and Arab students at Hebrew University participate in the 'Billy Crystal Workshops - Peace Through the Performing Arts' project.
* Israel has the highest ratio of university degrees to the population in the world.
* Israel produces more scientific papers per capita than any other nation by a large margin - 109 per 10,000 people - as well as one of the highest percapita rates of patents filed.
* In proportion to its population, Israel has the largest number of startup companies in the world.
* In absolute terms, Israel has the largest number of startup companies than any other country in the world, except the US (3,500 companies mostly in hi-tech).
* Israel is ranked #2 in the world for venture capital funds right behind the US.
* Israel has the highest average living standards in the Middle East.
* The per capita income in 2000 was over $17,500, exceeding that of the UK. Israel's $100 billion economy is larger than all of its immediate neighbors combined.
* On a per capita basis, Israel has the largest number of biotech start-ups.
* Twenty-four percent of Israel's workforce holds university degrees - ranking third in the industrialized world, after the United States and Holland - and 12 percent hold advanced degrees.
* Israel is the only liberal democracy in the Middle East.
* In 1984 and 1991, Israel airlifted a total of 22,000 Ethiopian Jews at risk in Ethiopia to safety in Israel.
* When Gold Meir was elected Prime Minister of Israel in 1969, she became the world's second elected female leader in modern times.
* When the U.S. Embassy in Nairobi, Kenya was bombed in 1998, Israeli rescue teams were on the scene within a day - and saved three victims from the rubble.
* Israeli scientists developed the first fully computerized, no-radiation, diagnostic instrumentation for breast cancer.
* An Israeli company developed a computerized system for ensuring proper administration of medications, thus removing human error from medical treatment. Every year in U.S. hospitals 7,000 patients die from treatment mistakes.
* Israel's Given Imaging developed the first ingestible video camera, so small it fits inside a pill. Used the view the small intestine from the inside, the camera helps doctors diagnose cancer and digestive disorders.
* Researchers in Israel developed a new device that directly helps the heart pump blood, an innovation with the potential to save lives among those with congestive heart failure. The new device is synchronized with the heart's mechanical operations through a sophisticated system of sensors.
* With more than 3,000 high-tech companies and start-ups, Israel has the highest concentration of hi-tech companies in the world (apart from the Silicon Valley).
* In response to serious water shortages, Israeli engineers and agriculturalists developed a revolutionary drip irrigation system to minimize the amount of water used to grow crops.
* Israel leads the world in the number of scientists and technicians in the workforce, with 145 per 10,000, as opposed to 85 in the U.S., over 70 in Japan, and less than 60 in Germany.
* Motorola has its largest R&D center outside of the US in Israel.
* Most of the Windows NT operating system was developed by Microsoft-Israel. The Pentium MMX Chip technology was designed in Israel at Intel.
* Voice mail technology was developed in Israel. Both Microsoft and Cisco built their only R&D facilities outside the US in Israel.
* The technology for AOL Instant Messenger was developed in 1996 by four young Israelis.
* A new acne treatment developed in Israel, the ClearLight device, produces a high-intensity, ultraviolet-light-free, narrow-band blue light that causes acne bacteria to self-destruct - all without damaging surroundings skin or tissue.
* An Israeli company was the first to develop and install a large-scale solar-powered and fully functional electricity generating plant, in southern California's Mojave desert.
* The first PC anti-virus software was developed in Israel in 1979.
* Christopher Reeve called Israel the "world center" for research on paralysis treatment.
La liste complète - trop longue pour être reproduite dans ce site - est consultable ici »
anti-boycott israel blog
Source: Israel 21C